Carefirst Family Health Team (FHT) continues to embrace the core values for quality improvements, which are embedded in the day to day operation of the FHT. Carefirst FHT moves forward with a vigourous quality management approach which ensures that mechanisms are in place to collect data, analyze the findings and measure outcomes.
- The Quality Improvement Team and staff support the ongoing quality improvement (QI) process and are held accountable to the public for the quality of health care in Ontario. Carefirst FHT’s goal is to align the QI activities and initiatives to the Health Quality of Ontario (HQO) mandates and priorities.
- In addition, Carefirst FHT is committed to co-design with patients in developing programs and services that meet individual needs via different avenues, such as the Client and Family Advisory Council, Patient Experience Surveys and Specialized Focus Groups.
- Primary Health Care Services from Family Physicians
- Specialist Clinic
- Health Screening and Health Teaching Services
- Health Promotion Services
- Case Management (RN)
- Chronic Disease Management Program
- Diabetes Education Program
- Individual Counseling by Registered Nurse, Dietitian and Social Worker
- Education Group and Classes
- COPD Maintenance Program
MISSION, VISION, & VALUES
Carefirst Family Health Team strives to improve the health of patients and families by providing culturally sensitive and holistic primary health care services. Our team of multidisciplinary professionals deliver timely, accessible, and patient and family-centered care in collaboration with our community partners.
To become a leader in innovation and promote high quality, integrated primary health care that responds to the changing needs of patients and families.
Patient and Family-Centered Care: We plan, deliver, and evaluate care based on mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships with patients and their families.
Patient Engagement: We engage with patients and their families to define their needs, make decisions, and take action to improve their health.
Cultural Sensitivity: We view all people as unique individuals and recognize that their experiences, beliefs, values, and language have an effect on how they interact, learn, and behave.
Collaborative Team Approach: We believe that each of us is enriched when we are able to work in collaboration to achieve shared goals.
Carefirst FHT 2021/2022 Areas of Focus and Annual Priorities
To view the full details of the Carefirst FHT 2021/2022 Areas of Focus and Annual Priorities, please click HERE