Precautionary Protocol for the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For everyone’s safety, Carefirst is implementing the following safety measures for your attention and kindly cooperation:
The number of countries reporting cases of COVID-19 continues to change on a daily basis. Please observe the followings:
1. Anyone who has travelled outside of Canada should:
– Self-isolate for 14 days after the return to Canada and monitor themselves for symptoms during this period.
– People who are self-isolating should not go out.
2. In order to ensure a safe and secure environment, we ask patients and clients to
– Pre-book any medical/service appointment with Carefirst.
– Answer health screening questions one day before the appointment.
– Arrive on time for any appointment.
– Arrive on site with own mask and follow infection control measures including performing hand hygiene, answering screening questions and having their temperature taken at the main entrance.
– Wait at the designated waiting area until it is time for their appointment or until the care team is ready to receive them.
– Been seen / assessed at a designated area by a nurse or physician if a Carefirst Family Health Team patient answers “yes” to any of the screening questions
– Come no more than 10 minutes for the social recreation program before the program start time and leave right after the program is finished.
– Be advised to leave the premises and program space and to seek medical advice immediately if not a Carefirst Family Health Team patient
3. One patient / client policy
– Patient / client will be seen by health care provider on her / his own. The caregiver accompany patient / client will be invited to wait at the designated area.
4. Wear facemasks at all time in Carefirst premises and program spaces
– Exceptions only include: children under the age of two, individuals with a medical condition that makes it difficult to breathe.
– Be advised to leave the premises and program space without wearing facemask
5. No entry into the premises and program spaces if anyone refuse to answer the self-screening questionnaire.
6. Please follow all the signs and instructions of the premises and program spaces
We are dealing with a new and unknown virus with potentially high infection rates and severe consequences, and we have an obligation to keep our staff, volunteers, clients/patients, caregivers and the community safe.
We appreciate your cooperation in keeping the Carefirst community a safe environment for all!
3. 一個病人 / 客戶政策
– 個別病人/客戶將由醫護/ 工作人員接見，陪同人士請在指定區域等候。
– 例外情況包括 : 兩歲以下兒童、身體狀況不佳、難以呼吸的個人。
Read all news (click to open)
JULY 1, 2020 Lace up for the Carefirst Fit-a-thon (Charity Walk for Health) this summer and join us as we continue to take on the monumental task of ensuring a quality and enriched life for seniors.
In light of the pandemic, we cannot physically participate together in the Annual Charity Walk this year. However, we can still come together virtually to raise funds while staying active and healthy by participating in the Carefirst 2020 Fit-a-thon.
Click here for details.
OnCare Carefirst Online Charity Concert by RedKey Music Group:
Date: Sunday, June 21, 2020 – Fathers’ Day
Time: 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Click here for details.