Carefirst’s Chronic Disease Management Program (CDMP) is a joint venture between Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association and Carefirst Family Health Team. Established in 2011, the CDMP aims to motivate and enable individuals to lead an enhanced quality of life through the provision of community-based chronic disease prevention and management services.
To provide and enable health promotion and chronic disease management services that are integrated, holistic and accessible.
- Adults who are at risk or living with chronic diseases
- Caregivers of individuals living with chronic conditions
- Community health care providers
Programs and services based on community needs, such as:
- Health Support Group – for example: Renal Support Group, Anxiety & Stress Support Group
- Health workshops – for example: Healthy Cooking Class, Caregiver Workshop Series, Skincare Workshop, Weight Management Clinic
- Chronic disease prevention and rehabilitation programs – Community Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation Program, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Rehabilitation Program
- Individual counselling
- Diabetes Education and Prevention Program
We are a team of dietitians, exercise therapists, family physicians, nurses, social workers, and a network of health care collaborators in the community.