Carefirst volunteer service is the foundation towards the building of a caring community. Every volunteer counts and makes a difference. Our committed and devoted volunteers contribute to the well-being and high quality of living of the seniors and those in need of Carefirst services.
Youth Leadership & Volunteer Development
Carefirst considers volunteers as valued members of our support team. We carefully select volunteers and provide them with extensive training so as to enable them to provide high quality volunteer services to our clients.
Please view the Volunteer Pathway to know more about the application procedures.
Carefirst has an average of 600 active volunteers per year providing service in the following areas:
- Chinese Bereavement Service
- Friendly Visiting/In Home Respite Care
- Hospice Service
- Telephone Reassurance/Security Check
- Transitional Care Centre
- Adult Day Program
- Fundraising/Special Events
- Marketing / Service Promotion
- Wellness Program/Outreaching
- Chinese Elder Abuse Prevention and Education Program
- Form Filling
- Grocery Shopping
- Tax Clinic for Seniors
- Transportation (group activities, medical/government appointments)
Office & Technical Support Service
- Clerical work/filing
- Concierge Desk/Reception
- Family Health Team/Diabetes Education Program
- Document Translation
- Specialist Clinics
YOUTH LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
This program is designed to effectively cultivate our youths into young leaders through various workshops and opportunities promoting adjustment, personal development, social inclusion and community participation.
- Increase community engagement
- Develop and enhance life-long communication, team building and problem solving skills
- Engage in volunteerism and intergenerational awareness
- Promote leadership and volunteer opportunities
Youth Volunteer Leadership Training Program – year-long program for high school students (click here to find out more).
- Geriatric Care: understanding the different issues that seniors in the community are currently facing nowadays
- Personal & Professional Skills: communication, team building, First Aid/CPR, SMART goal setting, and career path planning
- Community Involvement & Program Development: learn impactful volunteering, research and create a community service project together to address the seniors in need